Man City battle to lure Newcastle in six-goal thriller


Manchester City had to fight back to hold Newcastle United to a 3-3 draw at St. James’ Park in Sunday’s Premier League game.

Man City came into the game hoping for three wins from three games played, but lost their first point of the season.

The draw means they are in second place with seven points while Newcastle are sixth with five points.

Pep Guardiola’s side took the lead after five minutes. Bernardo Silva made room on the right and rolled a ball past Ilkay Gundogan in the box, who had time to take a touch and slot into the net.


Newcastle equalized in the 28th minute as Miguel Almiron netted Allan Saint-Maximin’s cross after brilliant work from the Frenchman.

The goal was initially disallowed, but after consulting VAR referee Jarred Gillett gave up the goal as an offside was wrongly flagged.

Read also : Moffi misses penalty as Lorient pull away from Toulouse

In the 39th minute, Newcastle were leading 2-1 after Saint-Maximin played Callum Wilson, whose first touch drove him inside the defender before blasting past Ederson with the outside of his boot.

In the 54th minute, Newcastle led 3-1 thanks to a brilliant Kieran Trippier free-kick from around 25 yards out.

Man City dusted themselves off and piled on wave after wave of attacks in the Newcastle area and were rewarded in the 60th minute.

Kevin De Bruyne whipped a ball to the back post and Rodri pushed it towards Erling Haaland, who was on hand to power it home.

Man City were equalized in the 64th minute as De Bruyne played a defensive pass to Bernardo Silva, who calmly passed Nick Pope.

In the 76th minute, Kieran Trippier was shown a red card for a foul on De Bruyne, but after visiting the referees’ review area, referee Gillett overturned the decision and instead issued a yellow.

Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved. The information contained in may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written permission of


Source link